KFC is the leader in the chicken QSR segment. More than 80 percent of the U.S. KFC restaurants are owned and operated by franchisees. As a new franchisee, you will align yourself with a nationally and internationally recognized brand and market share leader. KFC has been franchising since 1952, with more than 5,200 restaurants in the U.S. and more than 15,000 units in 109 countries around the world.
As a franchisee, KFC offers you these advantages:
- Access to nationally and internationally known products (Original Recipe®, Kentucky Grilled Chicken™, Colonel's Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Cole Slaw and KFC Biscuits) and a proven operating system that sets you up to compete.
- Nearly 100 percent consumer awareness of the leading QSR chicken brand in the U.S. and around the globe.
- More than $200 million spent annually by KFC and its franchisees on national and local advertising, creating strong imagery and promoting products and offers to drive customers to your restaurant.
- A peer network of more than 630 franchisees, more than 35 percent of which have more than 25 years of experience.
- More than 50 years of KFC franchise support and many programs to help you compete within the QSR and franchise industries.
- Access to the United Foodservice Purchasing Cooperative (UFPC), the largest food-buying co-op in the foodservice industry.
KFC recognizes there are many franchising choices. You need value and a strong brand that has proven economic stability over time, offers growth and gives back to the overall community. KFC offers all of this and more through the KFC value network.
The KFC value network consists of programs and support staff focused on making the KFC system value added for franchisees and enabling you to compete in the QSR industry.
- Big, powerful, category leading brand
- More than $200 million in annual advertising by KFC and its franchisees
- Strong brand sales, documented in the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)
- Steady stream of new product news reaches more customers
- More than 80 percent of stores are owned by franchisees
- Franchisee input and feedback is actively pursued
- Multi-unit development is actively encouraged
- The Brand has stood the test of time – through ups and downs of many business cycles
- The largest food purchasing cooperative in the industry to address all supply chain needs
- Colonel's Scholars programs provide scholarship opportunities nationwide
- KFC participates annually in the Yum! World Hunger Relief program that has cumulatively donated nearly $60 million to the United Nations World Food Programme.
- Standard plans, Plans Website, Region Architect as a partner
- Franchise Developers to provide technical coaching
- Development Services – a turn-key service available for hire
- Many banks and lending institutions lend into the Yum! System
- KFC is listed in the SBA Registry and currently can provide you with a third party Bank Credit Report to aid with securing financing
- Proven operating systems and ongoing training
- Territory General Managers, Operations Managers and Franchise Trainers to assist you
- A peer network of more than 630 franchisees
- Franchise Associations with lots of best practice sharing
- Local marketing cooperatives
- Weekly calls to help you get connected in the KFC system and to answer any questions you may have
- Perfect product/procedure training
- A structured program to keep you focused on the critical steps to opening your restaurant
- Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-Op (UFPC) is a five billion dollar food and equipment purchasing co-op, the largest in the industry
- Your ultimate return on investment will depend on the investment and operating decisions you make with your business
- We feel the long tenure of many of the KFC franchisees indicates a tradition of satisfaction
- KFC has more than 5,200 U.S. units, with significant street visibility
- Nearly 100% consumer awareness in the U.S.